As 2015 comes to a close, I’d like to thank all of our supporters and regular readers of plant-based4health.com. My sister-in-law, Kathy Parnay, and I launched the site in January 2015 as a way to share tips, resources, blog posts and recipes with people who are inspired to learn about and try a whole food, plant-based (vegan) diet to prevent or reverse chronic disease.
Kathy knows first hand about the healing power of a low glycemic, alkalizing plant-based diet. Her husband, Stefan, cured his prostate cancer on this diet, avoiding the surgery, chemo and radiation that his doctors strongly recommended. See their story: Our Journey with Prostate Cancer – A Wife’s Perspective. It is well documented that a whole food, plant-based diet can help people reverse Type 2 diabetes and heart disease, reduce cholesterol and blood pressure and lose weight. Sites like Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, PCRM.org, the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, Dr. Michael Greger’s NutritionFacts.org, and Dr. John McDougall’s Health and Medical Center continually publish evidence-based articles and personal stories supporting the health benefits of whole food, plant-based nutrition.
Here are some of our popular posts and articles from this year:
- Why go plant-based?
- Low-glycemic alkaline food list
- How animal products encourage cancer growth
- Healing inflammation with food
- Do you really need supplements on a whole food, plant-based diet?
- How your thoughts and emotions influence your health
- The pleasure trap – why it’s so hard to do what’s right
In addition to our own personal experience, this year we saw a steady stream of scientific studies, articles, nutrition books and cookbooks, documentaries and even recommendations by government agencies supporting the health benefits of adopting a whole food, plant-based diet. A few resources include:
- How Not to Die, by Dr. Michael Greger (book)
- PlantPure NATION by Nelson Campbell (documentary and cookbook)
- Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee Shows Plant-Based Diets Beat Animal Products for Health Promotion, Disease Prevention, Sustainability
- Hot dogs, bacon and other processed meats cause cancer, World Health Organization declares
We hope you continue to enjoy our posts and recipes. We’d love to hear from you – questions, personal experience on a whole food, plant-based diet and recipe suggestions.
Thanks for all the posts past year..Really loved them all…..Looking forward to the New Year and more..I always keep looking at you for inspiration..
Another book to add to this list in which I have read and pretty much says the same stuff you gals have been posting is a book by a facebook friend of mine Called Secrets behind chronic and mystery illness and how to finally heal Medical Medium By Anthony William. I highly recemend this book to further your knowledge
Hi, Mary & Kathy. Thanks for all of your posts this past year. I appreciate your time, energy, commitment, & passion in providing all of this info! Fondly, Judith