[recipe title=”Roasted cauliflower with garlic, ginger and turmeric” servings=”4″]
Submitted by Mary Gospe. Inspired by Bobby Flay and Food Network
This is a delicious and alkaline side dish that makes a great compliment to any meal!
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown or black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the oil, mustard seeds, garlic, ginger, salt and turmeric in a small bowl.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl, drizzle the oil mixture over the top and stir.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a lined cookie sheet and roast until golden brown, around 20 – 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle on a dash of cayenne pepper if desired.