Vegan Roasted Veggies & Tofu over Polenta
- 1 & 3/4 cup organic, non GMO polenta
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- 1 – 2 teaspoons salt, if desired
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon nutritonal yeast flakes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 small head of broccoli, chop stems and set aside florets
- 1 lb. firm tofu drained and sliced
- Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the vegetables and put the onions, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli stems and carrots in a bowl.
- Mix 3 Tablespoons of EVOO and 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar with salt (optional) and pepper and pour 1/2 over the vegetables. Mix well and place on lined cookie sheets.
- Place the tofu slices on a lined cookie sheet and brush the remaining oil and vinegar over the top.
- Roast the vegetables and tofu for 30-40 minutes, stirring (or flipping the tofu) occasionally.
While the vegetables and tofu are roasting, make the polenta.
- Bring the broth and water to a boil and add the polenta, stirring constantly. After a few minutes, add the salt (if using), pepper, spices, plant milk and nutritional yeast and continue stirring until thickened, 20-30 minutes. When done, remove from heat.
- When the vegetables are about done, add the broccoli florets roast for 10 more minutes.
- Spoon the polenta on a plate and top with the veggies and tofu.
- Drizzle a bit more balsamic over the top if desired.