Vegan Quinoa, Garbanzo Beans and Sautéd Vegetables
Step 1: Make the quinoa
- 4 cups low sodium organic veggie broth
- 2 cups organic quinoa (washed)
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 T Turmeric powder
- 1 T Curry powder
- 1 T Cumin powder
- Pinch of saffron
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 15 oz. can organic garbanzo beans or equivalent home cooked
- Bring the broth to a boil and add the quinoa, onion and spices. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile open and rinse the garbanzo beans or measure home-cooked. Add the beans shortly before the quinoa is cooked, once the broth is absorbed.
- Sprinkle on the nutritional yeast and mix.
- Turn off the heat and keep covered on the stove.
Step 2: Cook the veggies
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 ear of corn cut from cob (or 1 Cup frozen corn)
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Saute the veggies in olive oil until tender.
- Add to the cooked quinoa and garbanzo beans and mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Excellent topped with hummus or baba ganoush.