Vegan French Lentils
- 2 cups French lentils, “lentilles du Puy”
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Apple cider or red wine vinegar
- Bring broth and water to a boil in a dutch oven or other pot.
- Add all the ingredients except salt, pepper and vinegar. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- When lentils are carrots are tender, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over quinoa or other grains, topped with a splash of vinegar and parsley
Notes: If you are eating a low glycemic alkaline diet to reverse disease or cancer, be sure to use vegetable broth made from alkaline ingredients found in the Low Glycemic Alkaline Food List and does not contain any additives or preservatives. You can also substitute the broth with water. And use apple cider vinegar instead of wine vinegar.