Pineapple-Blueberry Immune Boosting Smoothie
- 1 cup of firmly packed chopped fresh kale leafs without stems (organic if possible)
- 1 organic green tea bag (cut open bag and pour contents into the blender)
- 1 Tbs coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (organic if possible)
- 1 1/2 cups cubbed fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 2 cups unsweetened organic non-dairy milk (such as soy milk)
- Put all ingredients except for non-dairy milk in blender in order as listed.
- Run blender on slow setting or chop in order to begin breaking up the ingredients.
- Add 1 cup of non-dairy milk and blend on high to begin blending the mixture.
- Add the last cup of non-dairy milk and blend until smooth.
Pineapple: The key to picking a sweet pineapple is to make sure the base has some yellow coloring with a bit spread through the veins of the body. Take the sniff test; a ripe pineapple will have a sweet pineapple scent. If the pineapple is not quite ripe, lean it upside down in a basket or bowl on your counter for a day or two. This will help the sugars move towards the top of the pineapple and speed the ripening.